Usually I get this done before the end of 2013 but I've got a cold and I just didn't feel like it. But now here it is!
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never done before?
Took my life into my hands and ate a slice (with the seeds in because I'm an idiot) of what may or may not be a Ghost Pepper. There's debate on it because they don't look like the pictures we've seen exactly but the peppers are super hot. So they might be a hybrid of some kind. Whatever.
There was not enough milk in the house for that fire.
Also I took another job which I have literally never done before. I have had the same job my entire career.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't usually make New Years resolutions, so I had none to keep. But this year I'm resolving to be a better blogger. :)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope. Eve's due this year with Baby Bakin'.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Happily, no. 2014's meme will likely be very different on this question.
5. What countries did you visit?
Middle-Earth. *eyes you* It is totally a real place. Hush.
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
A pony. :p
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
As always, no murders. You're welcome.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I've been slacking on my blogging and my writing in general. I feel like that's a failure since I really enjoy them.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I don't know...I bought lots of books which were generally wonderful and some movies and hmmm...I helped buy the bikes for the Angel Tree again this year so I don't know. Cora's Duplo's for Christmas were also fun.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My parents are awesome.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
Pht. BABY. My dog Baby. I spent $500 in one month on his fuzzy butt because he got an eye infection that turned into an ulcer and just...*headdesks* I probably spent more money on my car (which is almost paid off! WHOOO!) and insurance, etc. of course but he was the most expensive non-normal cost.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Have you met me? So many things. Iron Man 3. Thor: The Dark World (LOKI IS BEST I WILL FIGHT YOU IF YOU DENY THIS EVEN THOUGH HE'S A MANIPULATIVE LITTLE JERK). The Hobbit.
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2013?
Anything by Imagine Dragons. I've been listening to them for the past couple of months.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder?
iii. Thinner of fatter?
iv. Thinner. *Slightly* thinner but I will take it!
v. richer or poorer?
vi. Poorer. *looks at dog* I'm gonna make him get a job at this rate.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Everything. There are not enough hours in the day.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Sleeping. I went through a down phase with my thyroid where it was low and I slept more than I usually do, which is one of the symptoms.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I watched Alien & Aliens and played with my Legos.
Zero. I'm on a one-night stand diet.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Ummm...again...have you met me? I like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Blacklist and Grimm and Once Upon a Time and Hannibal and Elementary (my God do I love Elementary) and Sherlock (NEW EPISODES SOON FEEL MY GLEE) and Sleepy Hollow and American Horror Story...
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I've got no hate.
I read 218 books this year. As always, my favorite was Good Omens. It might not have been the best but it's my favorite.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?The extended version of Far Across Misty Mountains Cold.
26. What did you want and get?
Books, movies, etc.
27. What was your favorite film of this year?
ALL the movies. Okay, can't pin it to one so we're going with Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World (LOOOOKKKKKIIIIIII), Star Trek: Into Darkness and The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.
28. What did you do on your birthday?
I don't remember. I probably read.
29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
30. What kept you sane?
31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
32. What political issue stirred you the most?
I did a lot of talking IRL about smaller political issues, I guess, but no one can ignore what's going on in the world. It just seems like there's so much going on, how do I pick which thing pissed me off the most?
33. Who did you miss?
*thinks* I don't think I *missed* anyone in the general sense. There were quite a few times I wished Heather lived close to me so we could fangirl in person.
34. Who was the best new person you met?
It might be the cold medicine but I can't remember meeting anyone new in 2013.35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
My sister is, in fact, Typhoid Mary reborn. Avoid her at all costs for she will get you sick.