Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Fangirling is hard work but at least it's distracting

I apologise for the delay in posts of actual content.

We had to put one of our dogs down on Saturday so that kind of killed the mood for thinking about anything except for why pets can't be immortal.

I am a grown woman. I have had to put multiple pets down due to illness and old age. I have had pets just not wake up one day because of old age. I have had...well the rooster wasn't really a pet but I liked him...animals eaten by other animals.

I still don't see why they can't just be freaking immortal so I don't have to do this.

Alternatively, why we can put animals out of their suffering but it's immoral to allow terminally ill people the choice.

Additionally, I hope deeply that animals are exempt from the zombie apocalypse. Because if not, there's a small army buried in the back of the property and I am screwed.

And now I am going to go get a couple of hours (or maybe an hour, I keep typing) sleep before I attempt to read an 850 page novel in one day.

Because reasons, that's why.

Regular posting will resume after I have collapsed from this feat of insanity and woken up again two days from now.

6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Hope the reading is going well.

    And I'm sorry about your dog.

    This was a funny post though - aside from the dog thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished the book at 1 am this morning. I've had about 5 hours of sleep in a 48 hour period. I am so caffeinated right now it's probably frightening.

      We makes our choices and we lives with the consequences. :)

      Thank you. She had heart problems and we knew she was living on borrowed time but it's still hard. We'd all hoped that she'd die in her sleep so we didn't have to make the decision.

      Delete
  2. I am sorry for your loss.
    I fail to understand death and therefore I hate it big time. Last Saturday, I went to watch the fault in our stars. I am sure I weeped more than the teenage girls who understandably were the most among the audience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, King of the Locusts.

      :D

      Death is hard to understand, no matter how much you see of it. I think that's why so many people are afraid of it. It's not something that you can experience a little of personally to get over the terror of the unknown.

      How was the movie? I haven't seen it yet since I was tearing up reading the description of it in a review. I just know I'd be sobbing in the theater.

      Delete
    2. This is my second comment so you may see this comment twice or not.
      I like being called 'King of the Locusts' :)

      I liked the movie. I guess we need to dispense our tears from time to time. I never heard the audience sniffle that much in a theater before. Also, the Netherland scenes are very beautiful.

      Related to the movies subject if you have a redbox booth nearby, I would recommend watching Philomena. It is really good. It even exceeded my expectation.

      Delete
    3. As you should. :)

      I probably won't make it to see The Fault in Our Stars in the theatre but I'll keep it on the list for a rental later.

      I think I've heard of that movie, Philomena. I'll check out Redbox and rent it one evening. Your recs have always been enjoyable. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...