Monday, February 8, 2010

7 Things About Me

So, Susanne did this, and 'generally tagged' anyone who wanted to. So here you go: more info about me that you'll never need. :)

1. I love Ghiradelli peppermint bark. With an unholy passion. Seriously. Keep me from it, and I may break your arm. Fair warning.



2. I would move to England/Scotland/Wales in a heartbeat. I have no idea why, I just want to live there. It's so *pretty* and *old*. (I have a thing for history, okay?)



3. On the subject of history, and old things: Rome. I *will* go there one day. And...then never leave, because I'm not sure I'd be able to drag myself away before I'd seen *everything*, and that's pretty much impossible to do...



4. I may, and I stress *may*, be obsessed with Castiel on Supernatural. There's been no definitive proof so far, but I admit that it's a possibility. He combines being cute, kicking butt, and being adorable like a *puppy*! *continues to obsess, quietly*



5. That being said, I may also be obsessed with the Trickster on Supernatural. He's just so. much. fun! In the scary, give jerks what's coming to them sense of the term 'fun'. Also, that *other thing* about him, which I will not say, because I don't want to spoil Sanil. Just in case. But *that*. He is a BAMF. For the record.



6. I believe in ghosts. I live in a haunted house (not scary at all). They don't bother me, I don't bother them, that's my general rule.



7. My name really is Amber. I looked it up on Behind the Name, out of curiosity:

AMBER

Gender: Feminine

Usage: English, Dutch

Pronounced: AM-bər (English), AHM-bər (Dutch) [key]

From the English word amber that denotes either the gemstone, which is formed from fossil resin, or the orange-yellow colour. The word ultimately derives from Arabic عنبر ('anbar). It began to be used as a given name in the late 19th century, but it only became popular after the release of Kathleen Winsor's novel 'Forever Amber' (1944).

8 comments:

  1. I loved reading these! I was hoping you would do it. It's always fun learning more tidbits about people you know. I think living in England or Scotland or Wales or Rome would be exciting, too! My mom visited Rome when she was a teen. I see pics of her and her brothers at the ruins of the coliseum. Maybe one day I'll go there. Andrew is always ready for a trip.

    I'll stay out of the way of you and your peppermint bark. That stuff IS realllllllly good!

    Thanks for posting about your name's history. I enjoyed that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not *all* pretty and old over here! And the weather takes a lot to be desired. :) But I do quite like my country.

    Peppermint bark? Sounds intriguing. I liked the Ghirardelli chocolate in America. We have totally different stuff here. Do you get Lindt? It's Swiss. My favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susanne,

    I posted the bit on my name, just for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah,

    Do you mean to tell me it's not all beautiful, rolling green hills? *pouts* :) I still have a very nice mental image of it. Did you ever see the show 'Midsomer Murders'? Like that. Everywhere. *knows its unrealistic*

    Peppermint bark is...it's like melted/smashed peppermint candy, melted into chocolate. Very good. :)

    Yep. We get Lindt over here too. Also an excellent chocolate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amber you would be fed up with the rain here! although today it was sleet and snow and as it was damp it chilled you to the bone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not entirely certain I know what "the other thing" about the Trickster is, I might have missed something. But I did see an episode early this season where he put the boys in various TV shows and they figured out who he really is. That and the first ep he's in are pretty much my whole experience w/him, though. But from those two, I agree. He is AWESOME. I haven't seen Castiel yet. Soon. (My roommates and I are slowlyveryslowly making our way through the earlier seasons. We finally finished season 2 over the weekend.)

    I would love to move to England but I'm not sure if it will ever happen. I would also love to live in NYC. And Boston. Hopefully one of those works out, at least. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Slice,

    So, varying types of precipitation, huh? I'm used to rain, but here it at least alternates with the sun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sanil,

    If you've seen 'Changing Channels' then you know the big secret about the Trickster. Or at least, you know as much as any of the rest of us. :)

    He's not in the show, over all, all that much, but every episode he's in is just...wonderful. His awesomeness seeps through his pores and out into everything else!

    Meh. I never want to live in a big city. Too many people, all crowded on top of me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...