Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Silly Confession Time

I swear I will write that post about marriage soon. But first!

One of my favorite sandwiches is a Cuban. Basically it's ham, smoked pork, swiss cheese, pickles and mustard on Cuban bread that is then pressed. It's the best, most delicious sandwich ever.

This is a Cuban:




Onto the confession part.

A few years back my mother was getting us subs at Publix and asked my sister what to get for me. My sister knew that I loved Cubans so told my mom to get that. My mother, not knowing what was on a Cuban, trusted my sister's list of ingredients.

This list, unfortunately, was incorrect. And I keep forgetting to inform my mother of this. So, to this day, she orders me a 'Cuban' from Publix that is made with mayonnaise, lettuce and tomato. No pickles, no mustard (because I don't generally like mustard - only in special situations) and not pressed.

Basically a ham and cheese sandwich.



And at this point it's gone on too long for me to tell her the truth.

God only knows what the people at the deli think.

1 comment:

  1. Awww. Cute post. I've never had a Cuban...well, your maybe your mom's version, but not yours. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...