1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
Held a newborn baby. Held her *badly* and awkwardly, I should add. Her dad literally handed her to me and I stood there like a statue going "BUH." In related news, I also became an 'aunt' (my friend Eve is an only child so I'm the honorary Auntie on her side) and acting godparent.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make New Years' resolutions. That's just asking to disappoint yourself. :p
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yep. Evesdottir has made her appearance and I'm sorry, you can all go home but she is the cutest baby in existence. Contest over.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
One of our dogs died.
5. What countries did you visit?
Middle Earth.There are a lot of short people there, so I felt right at home.
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
Meh. I'm pretty good right now. Let's say...a million dollars! Or a pet goat. One of the two.
7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Evesdottir's birthday. :) Which, holy crap, in 3 months she's going to be 1 year old! Time! Stop going so fast!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Uh...I somehow became the rational person in my family. I have no idea how that happened.
9. What was your biggest failure?
There are no failures. Only successes that don't go as planned.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Uh...no. Minor colds, stuff like that. Oh! I got bit on the ankle the other night by something that I didn't see, while I was in my bed. So...that was fun.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Not me by myself, but for the Salvation Army tree this year my office all pooled together and got every kid on our tree a bike and a helmet. Which was something like 30 kids. So that was awesome.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Eve. She has yet to kill anyone who tells her that she's doing Everything Wrong in regards to raising Evesdottir.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
SO MANY PEOPLE. We're not dwelling on this though.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Books or training.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Evesdottir's arrival, The Avengers, Cold Days, The Dark Knight Rises, Skyfall, The Hobbit, Les Miserables....are we sensing a theme?
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2011?
Some Nights by fun.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder?
ii. the same
iii. Thinner or fatter?
v. richer or poorer?
vi.*laughs* probably about the same as last year
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent Christmas watching The Dark Knight Rises on repeat. For fanfic purposes only, of course. I can quote whole chunks of Bane's dialogue now. I...may have hit Bane saturation. It's not a bad place to be.
21. How many one-night stands?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
American Horror Story: Asylum and/or Once Upon a Time
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope. Same old list.
24. What was the best book you read?
Um. Good Omens. Good Omens is always best, let's just be honest with each other here.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Ummmm....the music in The Hobbit, actually. I always love when they include the songs from the stories in the movies. Because I'm a geek like that. Which is not really a *discovery*, admittedly, but it's my meme. I do what I want.
26. What did you want and get?
Many, many things. :)
27. What was your favorite film of this year?
Um. I CANNOT CHOOSE! Top five, in no particular order: The Avengers, The Dark Knight Rises, The Hobbit, Les Miserables, Bourne Legacy
28. What did you do on your birthday?
I don't remember. Probably I was reading. I do that quite a bit. :)
29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Oh my god, I hate pants.
30. What kept you sane?
Sanity is a matter of opinion.
31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
|How dare you sir. Your face. How dare you.|
|Seriously. This man.|
|If you don't love Lucy Liu, I'm going to need you to reexamine your life.|
|Seriously. Do I really need to explain him? No. Idris Elba needs no explanation.|
Tom Hardy and Joseph Gordon-Levitt
|Basically, this is the start of my harem.|
32. What political issue stirred you the most?
Not so much a specific political issue, but the lack of ability that so many people seem to have to see through the crap that politicians spew and get to the heart (or lack thereof) of their campaigns.
33. Who did you miss?
Nobody went away, so I didn't have anyone to miss!
34. Who was the best new person you met?
I met two new people, seashmore (who I am certain has a real name, but I'm pants with names, forgive me) and Malik. They're both best. :p
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.
Being a grown-up is hard.