Monday, February 11, 2013

Was It Something I Said?

Soo....the weekend that I go back to church, the Pope resigns.

That's totally not my fault. I swear.

And you know, I'm just...not ready for this. For Pope Benedict XVI to no longer be pope. He's not as *waves hands* as 'cuddly', I guess, as Blessed Pope John Paul II, but I feel like I'm just coming to appreciate what a treasure we've had in Pope Benedict XVI and now he's going to be gone.

He was the Pope I came into the Church to, you know?

I don't know. I'm just more affected by this, emotionally, than I would have thought.

3 comments:

  1. *hugs* It will be ok. Look at the opportunity you are now old enough to appreciate and follow the "election" of the new Pope. "White Smoke" by Andrew Greeley seems very appropriate right now for reading material.

    He wasn't my favorite of course but I have a lot of respect for the man. Being able to realize that you cannot effectively do your job takes a lot of guts. Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your sadness! I didn't realize it was something SO rare, but I do admire him if he truly thinks he cannot do his job well to resign so someone else can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason, before this happened I had thought they weren't even allowed to resign. But I haven't really been affected by it at all and didn't think much about how it might be sad for others. I'm sorry, especially because the timing was so unfortunate for you. :(

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...