Because I can only watch so much news (and I work at a newspaper so I've been getting inundated at work with everything that's going on) I've been watching cartoons and real ghost shows when I'm at home.
When I say real ghost shows, what I mean is that these shows recount what are supposedly true stories of peoples' encounters with ghosts (or demons in some cases).
And I've come to a couple of conclusions from watching these shows:
1) Never buy a house with the words 'Leave' or 'Die' or any variation thereon anywhere on the premises when you come to check it out.
2) If the house gives you creepy vibes in *any* of the rooms, don't buy it.
3) If the neighbors won't walk on the sidewalk in front of your house, there's a problem.
4) Strange artwork, religious markings, etc. should be a sign that there might be something going on.
5) If your animals are freaking out, pay attention.
6) If you hear voices or other noises, don't just dismiss them.
7) If things move around your house on their own, or doors open, you're not just imagining things.
8) The first time you hear a voice tell you to 'Get out', get out.
9) If the sellers are willing to sell for *way* less than what the house is worth, that's a red flag. As is them leaving all of their things there and not wanting to step foot in the house to get them.
Aside from all these, I have realized that every time I see activity on these shows that starts getting to the negative side, part of my brain is yelling 'Get a priest! Get a priest!' at the people on screen. Because, no lie, my first move on moving into a new house would be to get a priest to come bless the place. And if stuff started getting creepy? Holy water all over the place.
Which led me to thinking, what would you guys do if you moved into a house and ghostly things started to happen? Do you believe in ghosts? What do you think they are? If things got really scary, would you turn to your pastors or call a paranormal group to come investigate or what?