Saturday, November 8, 2008

RCIA Days Eight & Nine

Eight was the Ten Commandments. The first three comandments cover mans relationship with God, and last seven deal with mans relationship with other men. However, Jesus said that the first two comandments are the greatest, and that all the comandments are covered thusly: Love God, and love your neighbor as yourself.

Nine was more on the gospels, and how we got the gospels that we have. Nothing that I haven't read before, Q source, yadda, everybody copied from Mark. My problem is this: the Deacon mentioned the Nag Hammadi library, in the sense that he left the impression that there was nothing contrary to cannon in the finds. Which I know is not correct. The majority, if not all, of the texts found at Nag Hammadi are gnostic, which makes them heretical. I'll bring it up in review this coming week. I would have said something this past week, but I wasn't sure, so I waited to double check myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...