I am a lemming. Susanne had this meme, and, well, *lemming*. I mentioned that, right?
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?
Taught kinder. Went to an Orthodox church. Bought a brand spankin' new car.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
No and no.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not *yet*. Though I do know a couple people who're pregnant.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes. My dog Buddy. Humans? No, thank God.
5. What countries did you visit?
Canadia. It's an imaginary place, where gumdrops rain from the sky. :)
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
One million dollars! *is smacked* Hmmm...fitness. I'd like to have 2010 be the year that I got control over my body. Also a boyfriend. ;)
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Date? Specific date? Like I'll always know *exactly* the date this event happened? None. My brain doesn't work that way. I'll remember the event, but not the date. So, event wise, Buddy dying, buying Myrddin, and my visit to the Serbian church.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Going to the Serbian church and not passing out/vomiting from panic.
Also, not beating the crap out of people who annoy me. (There's a *lot* of them!)
9. What was your biggest failure?
*Wanting* to beat the crap out of people who annoy me. I need to move beyond that level. The problem is not *necessarily* with the other people, but rather with me and my ability to accept them and move on.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Had a cold or two. 'Biggest' injury was the stick in the foot incident, which led to the Genocide of the Shrubbery.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Dad. For reasons that I cannot go into on the blog.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My sister. Again, reasons that cannot be gone into.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Star Trek. Holmes. Iron Man 2 (which is not out yet, but that doesn't lessen my excitement, okay?)
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2009?
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder?
iii. Thinner or fatter?
v. richer or poorer?
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Work. *gives work the stink eye*
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent it the same way I do every year. Sniping insults back and forth with my Grandmother.
21. How many one-night stands?
Oh, half a dozen or so.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Do I have to pick *one*? If I can only have one, Supernatural.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope. I only, really, truly hate one person, and I've hated them for *years*.
24. What was the best book you read?
Hah. What? Umm...Good Omens. But I read that book at least once a year, because of it's awesomeness. If we're going to go with nonfiction, I'd have to say my favorite was Bread & Water, Wine & Oil.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
'When I Ruled the World' - Coldplay
26. What did you want and get?
Books. More books. Also, Sanctuary Season 1 on dvd. And the complete Rome series.
27. What was your favorite film of this year?
28. What did you do on your birthday?
Went out with my best friend. We share the same birthday (I'm older by a couple of hours.)
29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
demi-Muslim, but leaning back away from that now.
30. What kept you sane?
My sense of humor.
31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Robert Downey, Jr.
32. What political issue stirred you the most?
33. Who did you miss?
Nobody. No one's left me...
34. Who was the best new person you met?
LK, Heather, Achelois, Sarah (Wrestling), Anna, Alana, Sanil, Ahavah, Stacy, Michelle, Athena, M, Susanne...(though I'm not sure you count, since I'm pretty sure we met each other in 2008, but I include you anyway!)
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
I don't know everything, I'm not always right, and I don't need to be either of those things.
I'm not tagging, but if you want to, feel free. :)