We're about at the end of the year so I'm finally doing this...
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
*thinks* Nothing comes to mind. I think it was a very routine kind of year. Or, well, I'm planning a baby shower and I've never done that before. So we'll throw that out there.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Didn't make any.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not yet. Evesdottir will make her appearance in 2012.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
Hmmm...I don't know. I want many things but they're all more long term. Right now I'm relatively content. Let's go with the old safety - a boyfriend.
7. What date from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Probably the night we heard bin Laden had been killed. Though I won't recall the date, specifically since I already can't remember what day it was. But I'll remember hearing about it and everyone being on FB all night.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Finally signing up to go back to school
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don't fail! ;D Um. I really don't know...
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I bought a bunch of presents for the Salvation Army Angel tree. I picked a little 2 yo girl and got her almost everything on her list, with some very wonderful and welcome help from my mom.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
A co-worker. NOT SBW, by the way Susanne. Someone else entirely.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Books or training.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
So many things. SO. Many. I'm easily excitable! I got REALLY excited for Thor, Captain America, my best friend's pregnancy, The Avengers trailer, Ghost Story coming out, The Dark Knight Rises trailer, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo....are we sensing a theme?
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2011?
The cover of Immigrant Song on The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo soundtrack.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. Happier or sadder?
ii. the same
iii. Thinner or fatter?
v. richer or poorer?
vi.*laughs* probably about the same as last year
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Reading. I fell down from last year, I think.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Hmmm...playing Mah-jong. I got addicted for a while and that ate significant amounts of free time.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent it playing with the puppy we're dog sitting and baking. Also, watching Alien and Aliens.
21. How many one-night stands?
22. What was your favorite TV program?
American Horror Story
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Nope. Same old list.
24. What was the best book you read?
Oh, that's tough. All the books? I'll actually have to look over my list at home tonight and get back to you on that.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I've actually been listening to books on cd in the car and not listening to the radio. So really, nothing.
26. What did you want and get?
So very many things.
27. What was your favorite film of this year?
Surprisingly, I think it's going to have to be The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Yes, it's edged out even my comic book movies.
28. What did you do on your birthday?
Um. I...read. Perfect birthday!
29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Casual and comfy.
30. What kept you sane?
Who says I am?
31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Michael Fassbender and Jeremy Renner.
32. What political issue stirred you the most?
33. Who did you miss?
34. Who was the best new person you met?
I don't think I met anyone new!
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
Enhance the calm.