Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Books, Books, Books

Three things, but all on the same theme: books.

Item 1:

Some people bargain hunt for clothes, some hunt animals, shoes, whatever. Lo, I am the great hunter of books! Out BAMM has large bargain tables, and they get library books as well, and every so often I go through them. Today, I feel I have done excellently. :)





Item 2:



Okay, goal of the year is to read 100 books this year. As of the end of March, I have read:


Living with the Dead - Kelley Armstrong
Wish You Were Here - Rita Mae Brown
Rest in Pieces - Rita Mae Brown (1/7/09)
Murder at Monticello - Rita Mae Brown (1/9/09)
Pay Dirt - Rita Mae Brown (1/11/09)
Murder, She Meowed – Rita Mae Brown (1/14/09)
Murder on the Prowl – Rita Mae Brown (1/16/09)
Cat on the Scent – Rita Mae Brown (1/19/09)
Pawing Through the Past – Rita Mae Brown (1/21/09)
Catch as Cat Can – Rita Mae Brown (1/30/09)
The Tail of the Tip-Off – Rita Mae Brown
Whisker of Evil – Rita Mae Brown (2/5/09)
Men of the Otherworld – Kelley Armstrong (2/6/09)
Furies of Calderon – Jim Butcher (2/17/09)
Academ’s Fury – Jim Butcher (2/20/09)
Catechism of the Catholic Church (2/21/09)
Cursor’s Fury – Jim Butcher (2/24/09)
Living Islam Out Loud – Saleemah Abdul-Ghafur (ed) (2/25/09)
In the Land of Invisible Women – Qanta A. Ahmed, M.D. (2/28/09)
The Caged Virgin – Ayaan Hirsi Ali (3/5/09)
Infidel – Ayaan Hirsi Ali (3/11/09)
An Exorcist Tells His Story – Gabriele Amorth (3/17/09)



22 books. So, I'm a little behind. Clearly, I need to read more.



Item 3:



I have lots of books. Some, I have decided to get rid of. Before I take them to either Goodwill or the used book store (to exchange for more books), I thought I'd query the couple of people who read here. Would any of you like some of my books? Right now the backlog of books I want to get rid of consists mainly of Star Wars books, but eventually there will be others. If you guys are interested, or know anyone who is, let me know and I can work out how to do this. Keep in mind, I'm *giving* the books away. No charge, no shipping, nada. I'd rather mail them to someone who wants them than dump them off at Goodwill where they might languish forever, or take them to the store, where I will just get more books, which, since my current library is somewhere around 1,500 books, we'll all agree I don't really need. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my nephew likes Star Wars if you decide to get rid of those books, I'm sure he'd enjoy them!

    What a sweet offer. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susanne,

    Oh, the Star Wars books are ones I'm definately getting rid of. I've read them, I'm keeping my favorites, but I've got a *bunch* that I don't want anymore. You can email me at akelios@yahoo.com and I can send you a list of the ones I'm getting rid of if you want to see which ones he wants, or I can just mail you all of them in batches and he can go through them that way. As long as they're going to someone who wants them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...