1. Skimming from one "........." to the next. Checking to see if the dialogue gets any more interesting.
2. Skipping pages because there's nothing. going. on.
3. Flipping to the end of the book to see if everyone dies. Cause you really, really hope they do.
4. Willingness to use the book as a WSD (Weapon of Smash Destruction) against enemy combatants (spiders, cockroaches, palmetto bugs)
5. You've chucked the book across the room at least once
6. Reflecting that you've read better written fanfiction
7. Realizing that you've *written* better fanfiction
8. Even the hot, steamy, 'gives safe sane and consensual whole new meanings' sex can't keep your interest
9. You fall asleep reading it in the middle of the day
10. You're reading it and start thinking of lists of things that tell you you're not enjoying a book...
Any other signs?