Tuesday, February 10, 2009

RCIA Makes Me Orthodox?

*sigh* RCIA, your purpose is to bring people (me, specifically, in this instance), into the Church. Specifically, the Roman Catholic Church.

You should not, by the things you say, be making me question whether or not the Orthodox Church is the Original Church!

In example, you say that you are the original church. Then, you tell me about the changes that are being made to return the rites back to the original way they were performed. Then, you tell us that the Orthodox are still doing them that way! The *original* way. *head desk*

I don't know enough about this to make an actual decision, but I'm going to start learning.

2 comments:

  1. Come on in, the water's fine! (says the formerly-protestant-Orthodox lady from the internet....bwahahahaha.)

    For Orthodox Church History, I recommend The Orthodox Church by Kalistos Ware and The Orthodox Way by the same author for a short theology. Many consider Ware to be too progressive, however. But he's a good place to start in an ocean of reading possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alana,

    How did you know I was staring at Amazon, thinking, 'where do I even start?'

    *sigh* Last night wasn't even the first time it's happened. It's been several things, and I just... my brain has finally decided that this is definately something we need to explore.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...