Thursday, March 5, 2009

Cryptid - Megalodon

Okay, dirty secret time...


I believe in Big Foot. And Nessie. And Champ. And Mothman. And the Jersey Devil. Etc. On and on. Or at least, I believe that we haven't *disproven* their existence, and so I reserve the right to believe that they are there.


I love shows like Monster Quest and Destination Truth. (I also love Ghost Hunters, and to a much lesser extent, Ghost Hunters International. And Ghost Adventures, Most Haunted, Paranormal State...are you sensing a theme?) Anyway.


My person favorite, the one nearest and dearest to my heart is the Meg. I'm a predator fan. I'm a shark fan. Jaws not only scared the crap out of me, it awakened a life long love of sharks. I adore them. I would *love* for us to discover a population of Megs out there. It is my secret geek wish.


This is for comparison. Meg is red, Great White is green, and we're in blue. Meg wins. At *everything*.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it's time for some scuba with the sharks in the Bahamas :) Isn't it amazing how Steven Spielberg's imagination has lead to so many dreams of our own realized? After seeing Close Encounters Of The Third Kind I went to Devils Tower in Wyoming, and then established a lifelong love of national parks and visiting them! Love you much sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a goal of mine. I've actually been swimming with sharks around here, not on purpose though. :-) But I don't know how to scuba, so that's something that'll have to wait.

    The sad part is how many sharks were killed because of Jaws and the fear that came after it. A completely unnecessary and evil slaughter.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...