Thursday, July 22, 2010

Is Jim Butcher a Secret Supernatural Fan?

I can't believe I forgot to include this last night!

This section:

'I drew the eighteenth-century German dragoon pistol from the open drawer beside my left hand, aimed, and fired. The ancient flintlock snapped forward, ignited the powder in the pan, and roared, a wash of unnatural blue white fire blazing forth from the antique weapon. I almost fancied that I could see the bullet, spinning and tumbling, blazing with its own tiny rune.'

What's that remind you of?

Why....this! Of course...



Sooo...new, cracky theory? 'Marcone' is Dean Winchester, all grown up. Mmmmm... I need to think about that one some more.

It's not the first time that fandoms have imitated each other. I think that American Gods is closely related to the serial killer convention from The Sandman comics. And Supernatural borrowed the cutest hell hound on earth from Gaiman's Good Omens for Yellow Fever, and the Hammer of the Gods ep was very echo-y of American Gods itself. And let's not forget Crowley! I don't care what you say, he's related to Crowley from Good Omens! You can't prove otherwise!

Oh! Because I *can*, cutest hell hound ever!



And unrelated to above, I finally watched Sunday's Leverage. It's Christian Kane singing! *sigh*

And Nate said, 'I love it when a plan comes together!' Oh, A-Team reference. You come so naturally in this show. I need a fic where the A-Team meets the Leverage team. I'm certain it exists. How could it not?

*ALSO* There is apparently a cap on how many labels one can use on a single post. What's up with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...