*At the House of Raguel*
1. Then they went to Ecbatana and came to the house of Raguel. Sarah went ahead to meet them, and after they greeted one another, she escorted them into the house. 2. Raguel said to Edna his wife, "How the young man resembles my cousin Tobit!" 3. Then Raguel asked them, "Where are you from, brothers?" They answered, "We are from the sons of Naphtali who are captives in Nineveh."+ 4. Then he said to them, "Do you know Tobit our brother?" They responded, "We know him." 5. Then he asked, "Is he in good health?" They answered, "He is alive and in good health." Then Tobias added, "He is my father."
6. Raguel jumped up and kissed him and wept. He blessed him and said to him, "You are the son of a good and noble man!" But when he heard that Tobit had lost his eyesight, he was grieved and wept. 7. Edna his wife and Sarah his daughter also wept, and they received them eagerly. 8. And they killed a ram from the sheep and set many dishes before them.
9. Then Tobias said to Raphael, "Brother Azarias, speak about what you said on the way, and let the matter be completed." 10. So he told Raguel what he said, and Raguel said to Tobias, "Eat, drink, and be glad, for it is fitting for you to marry my child. However, I must tell you the truth.+ 11. I gave my daughter to seven man, and when they went in to her, they died during the night. But for now, be glad!" 12. But Tobias said, "I will not eat anything until after you establish an agreement with me." So Raguel said, "Receive her according to the decree, for you are her relative and she is yours. The merciful God will prosper you in what is good."
*Tobias and Sarah Are Wed*
13. So he called Sarah his daughter, and taking her by the hand, he gave her to be a wife for Tobias. Then he said, "Behold, receive her according to the decree of Moses, and bring her before your father." He then blessed them 14. and summoned his wife Edna. She took a scroll and wrote out the agreement. They sealed it, and then they began to eat.
15. After this, Raguel called his wife Edna and said to her, "Sister, prepare the other room and lead her into it." 16. She did as he said and led her there. Then Sarah wept, but Edna understood the tears of her daughter and said to her, 17. "Be courageous, my child. May the Lord of heaven and earth give you grace instead of this sorrow of yours. Be courageous, my daughter."
+7:3-6 - Though Raguel and Edna knew of Tobit, it appears they did not know of Tobias.
+7:10-13 - Raguel is honest about the fate of Sarah's seven previous husbands, but blesses Tobias to receive her.