Sunday, January 4, 2009

Failed Attempt at Semi-Hijab Headcovering for Cold Weather

So, Anna over at Veiled Glory has a video up showing how she wraps a semi-hijab. I like the look, and I think it might be nice for when it gets cold here.


Here's a link to the post/video: How to Wrap a Semi-Hijab


I've tried it, and I can't get the ends to lay flat at the end like she does! Maybe I just need more practice, but they always don't seem to wrap properly at the end. I'm either doing something wrong, or it might be because I've got wider shoulders, but I'm probably doing something wrong.


I decided to include pictures, because I'm in a masochistic mood. They're not very good, and, again, it's wrapped wrong, I twisted it together in the back and then draped it over my shoulders for the picture, but hopefully I'll figure it out.


Front:


picture removed by me. I've decided I don't really want my face on here. Hee. I've got a niqab, any other posts I do that show my face will be done with the niqab.


Back:

3 comments:

  1. I think it looks good this way. I have the same experience when I wrap my scarf the way Anna does: She is tiny and I"m broad shouldered, and the scarf just does differently on my body.

    Lovely blue, by the way. Always reminds of me of Our Lady I see that color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! :-) I'm enjoying your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alana,

    Oh, good, it's not just me. :) I do sort of think it looks cute the way I have it, but I'm afraid the ends will get in the way if I wear it like that for any length of time.

    And yes, the color is 'Our Lady blue'. It's why I picked up that scarf.

    Susanne,

    So long as I can entertain. ;)

    -Amber

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...