Friday, January 23, 2009

Link to American Bedu - How Long Will Child Marriages...

Okay, so I love American Bedu's blog. I'm oddly fascinated with Saudi Arabia (as a matter of fact, despite my dislike of travel, I would love to go there one day), and she posts about a wide variety of topics in the Kingdom. And the people who post on there are typically well informed, so the conversations that go on in the comments are great too. But this post/conversation I'm finding particularly interesting. It's about the practice of child marriages (brides, mostly), in Saudi. So I'm linking it.

How Long Will Child Marriages Continue in Saudi Arabia?

I think it's telling that even the most traditional of the posters on Carol's blog are against the practice, and many are pointing out that it's not an Islamic thing, but a tribal thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...