Friday, April 1, 2011

alcohol is a personal fail with me...

So, as some of you may know, I have a slight problem with drinking.

As in, when I start, I kind of have a problem stopping at just the one.

So I decided to stop drinking entirely. I've been good for...wow. A little over two years. I haven't had a drink the whole time. Holy crap.

Well, one of the girls in our office is leaving, and they're having a party for her at a local bar. I said I was going to go, and without thinking about it I was imagining the margarita's I was going to drink. As in, two for one, lots and lots of them.

Two years without having a drink and I want one. Not some burning need, but just: 'we're going to a bar. We must drink alcohol.'

*headdesk*

And now, as the day wears on I'm starting to feel sick. Like, headache, nauseous, all I want to do is go lay down with a book sick.

Anyone else think there's a connection?

I addition to the part where I really shouldn't be drinking, I really can't eat any of the bar food, since it's all fried. And then there's the $30 that I don't really need to spend.

So...I'm thinking my subconscious is messing with my body to tell me that I shouldn't go. We're having a little party here at work anyway, and I'll tell her bye here. But I'm thinking hard on not going at all.

eta: and then I just ate something and I don't feel nauseous anymore. But I ate a good lunch, and breakfast, so it's not like I was hungry or anything. What's up with that?

8 comments:

  1. Wow, 2 years! I remember when you decided not to drink so much. I wasn't sure if you gave it up completely. Hope you are feeling better! Have a good weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm. I don't remember knowing this. Maybe you talked about that just before I started following you, or in one of my blogging dry spells.

    I think the subconscious thing might have some truth to it. I know I've made myself sick when I was stressed about something and didn't feel it would be good for me to go.

    To the lunch thing, it's weird, but I've had that happen too. I have no idea why it works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susanne,

    Yeah, I guess I did give it up all together, though I never really decided to. I was just thinking back and realized I hadn't had a drink in two years. Shocking!

    I feel fine now. I'm wondering if it was something weird with my blood sugar? I've never had a problem with that before, but stranger things have happened.

    I wound up just stopping by the party real quick and not staying to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sanil,

    Maybe. I really don't make a big deal out of it, so it's easily slipped through the cracks!

    Since I felt better after I ate something, I'm leaning towards it being something physical. Low blood sugar or something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, I'd say that was a hint! ^_^ Cute new kitty cat picture you have here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I havent touched alcohol since I got married. I can actually say I had a sip of white wine, (apparently some really good stuff very expensive) and it tasted disgusting. like vinegar.

    I think I knew I shouldnt have bothered. I would rather have a lemonade or a tea now. I dont think I could cope with a hangover now

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather,

    Thanks! She's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. slice,

    I actually don't like wine anyway. :) I can *taste* the rot in it. And I've had nice wines, too. Can't stand it. Beer either.

    Now, give me hard liquor, and I'm there. Or, well, I used to be.

    I've never actually had a hangover, and I've been too drunk to stand up. Yay genetics!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...