I was looking at Susanne's blog and saw on her blog list a blog entry with the title 'My favorite childhood books'. It's over on Bridget of Arabia's blog, which is not one that I read, but you know, books! So I wandered over to check it out. And it made me remember *my* favorite books from when I was a kid. So here we go, in no particular order!
1. The Nancy Drew Mystery Series - I loved these stories. I still do. I have the entire original set, in the shiny yellow hard covers. I wanted to *be* Nancy Drew. But I always thought of myself as a Bess. The slightly curvy friend who was true blue and helpful, but not necessarily brave. :)
2. Little House on the Prairie - Again, love. Love, love, love. This is where my love of living 'back in the day' came from, I'm certain. I wanted to live with the Ingalls' and just...have their life. It was just all so much more interesting than my boring life!
3. Dracula - No, really. I read it as a kid, and I loved it. And the rest is history!
4. Bunnicula - He's a vampire bunny! What's not to love?
5. Bridge to Terabithia - Oh, this was the first book I read where I put it down and never read it again. Not because it was bad, but because it was so emotionally moving and touching and I carry around the pain and love I felt for this book still.
6. The Hatchet - It's a survival story. It's wonderful and engrossing. One of those books you read under the covers after you've been told lights out because you just can't put it down.
7. The Egypt Game - It's a kids book and a cute story and then all of a sudden it's not anymore.
8. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea - Pirates! Submarines! Giant squid! It's a classic for a reason, people!
There's more, but these are the ones that come to mind at the moment...