Friday, April 8, 2011

Jon Stewart on Glenn Beck's Impending Departure


My god, I love this man!

You can't see it, but Beck's departure is making me do a happy dance. Not that that means he'll be gone from the public eye for good, which is disappointing. But I'll take what happiness I can get! :D

"Glenn Beck still had the third highest show in cable news ... Maybe Fox News thought it would be useful to pick some random talk radio host rehashing all same tired old John Birch Society conspiracy theories to seed ultra-conservative viewpoints into the news cycle, while making the rest of the network seem centrist by comparison. But, he then began to believe his own messianic delusions and became a giant pain in the ass. So they dropped his ass."

6 comments:

  1. Awww that was great! I am happy he is gone too (although I'm not American, so I thankfully don't get to see/hear about him too much). Sadly I think you are very right in saying it won't be the last thing we hear from him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky,

    That's not even the whole bit. It took up most of the half hour show!

    If you go here:
    http://www.thedailyshow.com/

    You can watch the whole thing. It's awesome!

    The man's like a cockroach. Him and Palin. Can't get rid of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :D

    Awesome. I don't watch these shows anymore. (If I don't have to stay up and do homework, I fall asleep by 11...craziness.) So I totally missed this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sanil,

    :D

    I don't go to bed until 11 at the earliest, so I watch the Daily Show and the Colbert Report as I'm falling asleep. Also, I dvr them so I can learn things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. But I thought you liked watching Beck because he made you work harder at the gym! ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not any more. :D Honest, his crazy went from amusing to sad and scary and I stopped watching at all. Hearing that he's going off the air makes me very, very happy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...