Monday, November 1, 2010

Oh, good lord, shut up brain! save it for later!

I choked on my drink. The size of Marcone's ego would have been funny if I didn't actually have to deal with the man.

"You think you're not corrupt? That somehow you're better than the scum you killed to get here? Or the ones that work for you?"

"Of course not. I told you - the system is always corrupt. There are no exceptions to that rule. The difference is I know it's corrupt. I know I'm corrupt. But I am better than the men I replaced. I control the anarchy and destruction that I cause. There are fewer overdoses because I demand quality control. When was the last time there was a gang war on the streets of Chicago? At least a decade, Dresden. Ten years of relative peace. I have rules and I am willing to enforce them with the only tools that people like myself understand. That's a hell of a lot more than you can say for most scum."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...