Saturday, August 7, 2010

Inception Shooting Script Notes

I liked it a lot. Very interesting. It didn't help me understand the movie any better, but since I don't misunderstand the movie, that wasn't an issue. Anyway.

Things which I note:

In the original 'sketch' of the descent into the layers of dreams, Eames was supposed to be the dreamer for the second level, with Arthur as the dreamer on the third. I can't help but overlay the movies levels onto that layout, and keep thinking that 'it doesn't work'. I assume the layers would have been different if they'd kept the original plan. But then would we have had Arthur being awesome and fighting people in zero-g?

The dialogue in the hotel room, when they're all going to sleep, between Arthur and Eames?

Eames: *quietly concerned* Security's going to run you down hard.

Arthur: *trying to be reassuring and cute* And I will lead them on a merry chase.

Eames: *grinning like a lovestruck fool* Just be back in time for the kick.

Arthur: *FONDLY AND WITH AN ADORABLE SMIRK OF ADORABLENESS* Go to sleep, Mr. Eames.

Was originally between Arthur and Cobb, and was not as awesome. It seems very business like in the script. Of course, you lose the nuances and such that actors add, which makes the script not as much fun, in general, imho, but still, I think that the scene works magnitudes better between Arthur and Eames. Of course, I might be biased. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...